Stand Tall and Shop Small November 24th,2018
You’ll find beauty in a pitch!
After you make that cup of Joe take some of the coffee grinds and put them in a bowl …allow them to cool. Mix with a dash of coconut oil and you an awesome and cheap coffee scrub for your body. They say it is great for cellulite too.
Rinse well after a nice scrubbing and be careful tub may be slippery. But so worth it!!!
Kool-Aid makes a pretty and yummy LIPS STAIN in a pinch. Celebrities love to use this hack. Simply open a pack of this powdered drink and mix with a dash of water. Apply with a lip brush or Q-tip. You’ll have a pretty tint to your lips and it will taste good too.
Got an avocado browning that isn’t pretty looking or quite edible? Cut it open and mash and you have a creamy hydrating face mask. Apply to a clean face and leave on at least 10 minutes. Softer skin in a few minutes.
Mint all kinds (peppermint,spearmint and more) they make an aromatic facial steam. Boil water,let it cool and flat a few torn leaves into a bowl with the water. Allowing only the steam to rise up to your face. Feels so good, gentle lifts any left over makeup or soap on your skin.
Lastly another fave of mine is to use cornmeal to exfoliate my skin and polish it too.
I am working on the cooking stage today sharing my fav’ beauty in a pinch that you can find in your kitchen. These are easy to use and on the cheap. Enjoy!
Come back for more!
If you live in the south you are so lucky because it is home to a few fabulous shows across the map. The Southern Women’s Show is almost here and the women (and some husbands) in the city of Jacksonville are counting down. It only comes here once a year!
October 18th,19th,20th and 21st 2018
4 days of bliss
For tickets and more information visit:
If you attend the show in Jacksonville Florida here are a few recommendations I have for you!
If you’re in the mood for food and cooking lessons I am whipping up some beauty on the Cooking Stage on Thursday October 18th at 2:30 and Friday October 19th at 11:30.
I will be doing a Meet and Greet.Taking pictures,signing auto-graphs and there will be FREE SAMPLES from NeoCell and more! Each day I will host different cooking stage sessions and happy to answer any of your beauty and skin care questions. If you’re a foodie who loves food and beauty like I am. Come join me!
By the way don’t miss “mini me” YOUNG aspiring Chef Caleb on the cooking stage at 4:30 on Friday. He will charm your flip flops off!
Love to entertain in your home? I do too!
It is all about the ambiance and mood and Ao Fragrances is a candle line that is absolutely amazzzzing addition to your home. From your living room, She Shed or Man Cave,office or enjoy when you take a bubble bath. They have a luxurious candle for you! Locally made,small batches and superior quality and long clean burn collection.
Choose from a variety of unique scents. My fave’s are every one of them. No kidding.
Simply scentsational. Booth #111
Treat Yo’self Gorgeous!
Love to cook and eat and looking for something NEW for your kitchen?
Check out: Grapes and Olives On Tap
Enjoy Sips and tips of Naturally Infused, Spanish, Olive Oils and Italian, Oak-aged Balsamic Vinegars, or to visit the website at: www.go-ontap.com.
They also have a cookbook in PDF format full of recipes available for $10 at the show (or online on their website). Booth #526
Here is a delish recipe and a peek inside the cookbook using the Meyer Lemon Extra Virgin Olive oil and the Strawberry Balsamic from our cookbook; “A Collection of Recipes by Grapes & Olives On Tap:
Diane’s Lemon-Raspberry-Strawberry Crostini
1 Baguette, sliced into 1⁄4-inch thick rounds (approx. 32 slices)
Grapes & Olives On Tap Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
12 oz. Whipped Cream Cheese
Zest of 3 large or 5 small lemons
Juice of 1 small lemon
1 small pinch of Lemon Flake Sea Salt crushed
Grapes & Olives On Tap Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
Brush baguette slices with Meyer Lemon Olive Oil; place on baking sheets and bake at 350°F until crisp and lightly golden, about 20-25 minutes.
Mix cream cheese with lemon zest, juice of lemon and flake salt until smooth. Spread on toasted baguette slices, top each baguette with a fresh raspberry, drizzle with Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar and Serve.
Copyright©2015 Grapes & Olives On Tap, LLC
Selena’s Accessories will continue their fashionable tradition with a huge presence of the LATEST and greatest fashion accessories and fabulous gifts for the Kitchen Goddess in you or on your holiday gift list. From handbags to bling to tea towels and adorable oven mitts. PRICES to put a smile on your face.
I can’t wait to shop their booth!
This is their 20th year exhibiting at the show. Stop by: Booths #1306-1308
Across from The Cooking Stage is the Southern Peanut Growers. They will have some awesome recipes for you to try at home and while supplies last …a bag of delicious and good for your health delicious PEANUTS!
If you don’t live here or can’t attend the show this year …Here is a recipe for PUDDING you too enjoy making in your own kitchen!
PB & J Chia Pudding
3 tablespoons Chia seeds
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons peanut powder
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
Combine Chia seeds, maple syrup, vanilla extract, peanut powder and coconut milk in a jar or container with a lid. Shake or stir until fully mixed. Refrigerate overnight. Top with raspberries.
(I usually serve with a drizzle of honey and fresh raspberries, blackberries or strawberries. It’s delicious – and has 175 calories, 12g fiber and 9g protein per serving!)
This recipe was created for us by Kristina LaRue, RDN, CSSD with www.LoveandZest.com
I hope to see you at the show!
Oh and almost forgot to tell you…there is a scantily clad fashion event on LADIES NIGHT!
And for to WATCH a video on the above segment from TV today…on River City Live go to http://www.news4jax.com click on videos
Over the moon having found these awesome easy recipes for Breakfast…FAST and yummy!
Most breakfasts don’t take much effort to throw together. Oatmeal comes together on the stove or in the microwave in five minutes or less, scrambled eggs are done before your toast pops and even pancakes can be a quick breakfast if you have batter ready to go. But sometimes the thought of cooking in the…
Have you been spending time baking like croissants in the sun?
Or have you been spending time doing different things in all places in the sun this season.
If you have… perhaps a sunburn has come your way or worse yet …sunburn,red as a lobster,blistering and dreaded peeling.
Recently I showed TV viewers simple home remedies you can do when you have had too much fun in the sun! So, I am sharing them with you. I LOVE THE SUN but got burned a few times. One was pretty bad. I also enjoyed the tan from a tanning bad. I cover up NOW and have never done it again. Really! Once you get skin cancer you never forget it. Neither does your skin. Your skin always remembers how you treat it and will show it too!
- Apple cider vinegar: Take a bath in it. It will make you feel so much better. Fill a tub with luke warm or cool water and a cup of the apple cider vinegar.
- Baking soda:Make a cooling paste with it and some water or take a refreshing bath in it with a cup of baking soda.
- Fresh aloe or Aloe Vera gel are so cooling and take down the redness and heat from the burn.
- Stay Hydrated with water,coconut water,sports drink or a skin loving drink called All Beauty Drink.
- Cool Milk compresses on a washcloth or a cotton gauze pad work wonders.
- To calm the heat of your body from the burn fill a mini spray bottle with lavender oil and water. Shake it up and spray on the burn. You’ll cool off immediately!
- You’ll FEEL BETTER and cooler in no time with my tips and easy home remedies and hopefully not blister and peel. If you do. Here’s what to do! An oatmeal and water bath will help with that itchy skin.
Word to the Wise: Wear a SHOT GLASS worth of sunscreen. You”ll still get some color. Just be SMART and more protected. You don’t want face and body sun spots and those not so pretty wrinkles!
If you’re trying to tell us you don’t like french fries, we have only two words for you: Stop lying. They’re one of the most delicious, delightful foods around—and they go with everything. You’re not allowed to dislike french fries. That’s just not a thing. That said, it’s definitely fair to hate the calories, fat and…
You know I love to makeup but I also love to cook!
I hope you enjoy these yummy twists on French Fries.
Tis’ the season to vacation and or maybe just a getaway even if it is just for a weekend.
As I fly for business and pleasure often I have learned a lot through the years.
The number one thing is to make a list on what you want to pack and what you want to take. I like to make a list. Then I start pack what I need and buy what I do need. Some tings I remove after packing some things stay. Pack according to the trip you are taking. A two day beach getaway is different than a trip to Europe for 2 weeks.
- Travel with smaller sizes or kits. If you like the IMAGE brand and are a fan of their facial treatments you’ll love to know they have travel kits. Sunscreen included!
- Or you can buy small containers and fill them with what you want to take. Examples: sunscreen,foundation,moisturizer,hair spray and more.
- Pack things in smaller zip lock bags of various sizes. NAIL POLISH and some other liquids will open and spread all over the place like on your clothes so keep them contained.Personally, I pack a back up bottle of nail polish (in case my nails chip and need a touch up) in my purse NOT in my luggage. I take it on the plane zip lock bag that has any liquids I want to take.
I’ve even had this happen to me when traveling in the car. Keep nail polish and liquid foundation upright and in a sealed plastic bag.
- Choose a color theme for your makeup wardrobe. Don’t bring ALL THE MAKEUP you own and think you have to have with you. Examples: pinks and plums,nudes and bronze and so on.Don’t take every makeup brush you own either.Keep it simple.
- Pack a mini FIRST-AID kit and more filled with aspirin,band-aides,Tums,nail file,mini clippers,toothpicks and sewing kit. YOU decide what you want and may need.Don’t pack your medicine in your luggage you check in. Take it with you on the plane.
- Bring snacks for the plane. You never know how long you may sit on the runway. Cheese and crackers,bananas,nuts,gummy bears or mini chocolate bars. I’ve been waiting for take off for up to 3 hours and had no food or drink. Until you are up,up and away you need to have something to snack on.
- I like to travel with an empty bottle of water. I fill this when I get in the airport after security or when switching airplanes. I use the fountain with filtered drinking water next to the water fountains usually depending on the airport you are at. Water bottles are expensive and you can pay up to $4.00 a bottle. This bottle comes in quite handy.
- Pack your medicine and beauty supplements wisely. No need to take the RX bottles with you. (label the contents in the pill pack.)
- Bring a scarf to wrap around you if you are cold on the plane. They don’t have blankets for everyone unless you are in first class.
- Down size to a smaller handbag. That big Birken bag or other purse may be nice but by taking a smaller bag you will travel lighter and love not having to carry so much with you!
I featured the above and more on TV today. If you want to watch the video go to http://www.news4jax.com click on River City Live.
Hello my Lovelies!
You know I love makeup and skin care BUT I also am a foodie and love to entertain guests or my darling husband with some unique and tasty delights…so, I simply had to share! Isn’t this just delightful? The blogger who made it and posted this recipe has an eye for food styling and this simply simple recipe is tongue and eye candy. Now, I just have to get out and buy the asparagus and I can make,taste and enjoy this tart.
This tart really reminds me of my travels to Europe! Tart Me Up!
Crispy golden puff pastry, creamy oozing French brie cheese, salty crisp prosciutto and fresh green asparagus topped with a free range egg – what’s not to love! These simple tarts are delicious for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner and take no time to make. Ingredients 2 sheets of puff pastry 1 bunch of asparagus, stems […]
These were a huge hit for Easter last year. My daughter was my inspiration to make these. She brought some to Easter dinner a few years back. Aren’t they perfect for Easter! They are really simple to make, you color the hard boiled egg halves. Then proceed like you do with any deviled eggs. […]
Today I shared on RIVER CITY LIVE TV in sunny Jacksonville Florida some beautiful products that I discovered in NYC and some fashionable delights too. I love spring in NYC even though it isn’t acting like it nor showing signs of all it’s splendor. It is hard to believe there is yet another NorEaster TODAY! Mother Nature up north does not quite know what to do let the flowers bloom or just freeze.
Color Your World,GORGEOUS with color filled hues this Spring in beauty,fashion accessories and lifestyle trends.
Hot hues are really on trend in makeup,fashion and even food.
It is going to be quite an amazing and pretty SPRING.
NYC was filled with color from home decor,makeup and all things fashion. I so love window shopping and actual shopping on the streets of the city that never sleeps!
- Makeup takes an even more color rich twist.SO MANY COLORS so little time!!!Even the finger nails. The new trend is wearing a different shade of nail polish on each finger. So fun!
- Skin Care takes on a whimsical packaging and ingredients that offer instant skin glam.
- Jewelry is stunning and color rich. Think rose gold,gemstones and pearls. Handbags are conversation pieces. Tassels take center stage in earrings,bracelets and necklaces.
- Food is filled with color and I devoured the new and yummy ice cream hues and rainbow trend in bagels. My fav’ The Bagel Store. They ship yummy to your door!
- So go ahead,get out of a rut and treat yourself to something new.Step outside your comfort zone and explore some new HUES. You might just discover a new and other side of YOU! COLOR outside the lines!