Tis’ the season to vacation and or maybe just a getaway even if it is just for a weekend.
As I fly for business and pleasure often I have learned a lot through the years.
The number one thing is to make a list on what you want to pack and what you want to take. I like to make a list. Then I start pack what I need and buy what I do need. Some tings I remove after packing some things stay. Pack according to the trip you are taking. A two day beach getaway is different than a trip to Europe for 2 weeks.
- Travel with smaller sizes or kits. If you like the IMAGE brand and are a fan of their facial treatments you’ll love to know they have travel kits. Sunscreen included!
- Or you can buy small containers and fill them with what you want to take. Examples: sunscreen,foundation,moisturizer,hair spray and more.
- Pack things in smaller zip lock bags of various sizes. NAIL POLISH and some other liquids will open and spread all over the place like on your clothes so keep them contained.Personally, I pack a back up bottle of nail polish (in case my nails chip and need a touch up) in my purse NOT in my luggage. I take it on the plane zip lock bag that has any liquids I want to take.
I’ve even had this happen to me when traveling in the car. Keep nail polish and liquid foundation upright and in a sealed plastic bag.
- Choose a color theme for your makeup wardrobe. Don’t bring ALL THE MAKEUP you own and think you have to have with you. Examples: pinks and plums,nudes and bronze and so on.Don’t take every makeup brush you own either.Keep it simple.
- Pack a mini FIRST-AID kit and more filled with aspirin,band-aides,Tums,nail file,mini clippers,toothpicks and sewing kit. YOU decide what you want and may need.Don’t pack your medicine in your luggage you check in. Take it with you on the plane.
- Bring snacks for the plane. You never know how long you may sit on the runway. Cheese and crackers,bananas,nuts,gummy bears or mini chocolate bars. I’ve been waiting for take off for up to 3 hours and had no food or drink. Until you are up,up and away you need to have something to snack on.
- I like to travel with an empty bottle of water. I fill this when I get in the airport after security or when switching airplanes. I use the fountain with filtered drinking water next to the water fountains usually depending on the airport you are at. Water bottles are expensive and you can pay up to $4.00 a bottle. This bottle comes in quite handy.
- Pack your medicine and beauty supplements wisely. No need to take the RX bottles with you. (label the contents in the pill pack.)
- Bring a scarf to wrap around you if you are cold on the plane. They don’t have blankets for everyone unless you are in first class.
- Down size to a smaller handbag. That big Birken bag or other purse may be nice but by taking a smaller bag you will travel lighter and love not having to carry so much with you!
I featured the above and more on TV today. If you want to watch the video go to http://www.news4jax.com click on River City Live.