Stand Tall and Shop Small November 24th,2018
I’m back in town and on TV here in sunny Florida with some bewitching ideas for this Halloween eve and Halloween.
I am sharing NEW FALL beauty and finger food (pardon the pun) trends to do with your girlfriends with my good friend Glamour Gourmet!
She created an awesome Halloween Snack box for ONLY $10.00 Invite your besties over for a beauty bash. Or it makes the perfect gift! Mummy rice krispies anyone?
Check her out on Instagram!
Don’t look like a witch! Take care of your skin! Be Bewitching this Halloween.
- Try a new Vitabird Vitamin C product that is knocking the heels off of woman who buy it. It will make your complexion brighter and more radiant. Available at Barney’s NYC. I just discovered this Asian beauty and my skin loves it so.
- Don’t ever go to sleep with a dirty face! Use the latest skin sensation by whish and it is called a cleansing oil. So silky! Don’t let the word oil fool you.
- Veil Cosmetics Mattifying base and touch-up powder. Free of the bad stuff and weightless on the skin.VEGAN LOVERS you will love it. http://www.veilcosmetics.com
- Farmhouse Fresh Goods has you covered for crepey creepy hands. I love the Whoopie Cream but the new Honey Chai lotion makes me want to scream with delight. http://www.farmhousefreshgoods.com
- CHI AIR Spin n Curl Is my latest go to for a quick curl in my hair.So easy to use! I am a makeup artist NOT a hairstylist and have never been good with using hair tools. BUT THIS is awesome! If it’s CHI it’s for ME!
Who doesn’t love to burn a candle on Halloween? I’ve discovered. Blood Orange candle by Ao Fragrances the mood and perfumes the air.
What a fun time again on River City Live TV!
I hope I inspired you to throw an intimate last minute party and gather up your girlfriends and have a yummy beauty BASH!
It is that time of year when the seasons start to change and you start craving new colors in makeup! If you’re not you’re missing out on the fun. This autumn it is really all about looking your best with whatever hues you choose to use. OVER slaying and over the top contouring and highlighting is out.
YOUR face doesn’t need that!
You simply need a few new pieces to add to your makeup wardrobe.
It doesn’t matter where you shop for them it only matters that you are able to TEST DRIVE and play with a few choices to see how they look on you. Don’t be in a rush. Take a little time for yourself. It should be a fun process. The colors of the moment for your lips are BOLD rich colored lips,a soft brown lip,a touch of mauve and the classic red lipstick.
Black winged eyeliner still rules but so does a bold blue or other colored hue. And the black liner is graphic and artsy like in the application.
I like to buy KITS for the season. This way you have all you need at your fingertips especially when you travel. It also gives you a chance to experiment and play with more shades you may never have tried before.
It is also time to buy a new tube of sunscreen. Yes, even in winter needs sun protection. Even from the glare of the snow.
You might want to lighten up that foundation and or face powder to suit your lighter skin look.
You don’t want what I call ring around the face. Also now is the time to add a bit of moisture to your skin by adding a new serum,eye gel and or primer to make your makeup last longer.
So, it continues to be a hectic but fun new year. This week I am getting ready for a few guest speaking engagements I am doing. I’ll tell you all about them when I return.
In the meantime…
Go window shop and cruise your city to discover what’s out there in the beauty world waiting for you this fall!
Photo by freestocks.org on Pexels.com
This morning I took the TV viewers on River City Live to a Backstage BEAUTY Pass… to Fashion week.
Makeup artists who work behind the scenes work tirelessly painting,primping,pampering and and above all hydrating the skin!
It is all about the skin. If the skin does not look it’s best the makeup won’t look the best.
TwinMedix: These essentials got some complexions on the right track with an advanced skin care collection!
Embryolisse: A French delight that models and makeup artist can’t get enough of for gorgeous skin.
Danessa Myricks Beauty: Her Beauty Oils and Dew Balm gives the skin the glowiest look!
Waleda Skin Food: Is another moisturizing lotion that some models request.
Sheet masks from Korea were yet another instant prettier skin fix!
Jade and Rose Quartz gemstone eye and face rollers: were used to relax the face and make the makeup glide on like silk after a moisturizer or serum was applied.
I’ve even seen silver spoons used in an ice bath and applied to the face for puffy complexions at fashion shows! Or the makeup artists use spoons dry and at room temperature ones are used to curl the eyelashes.
photo by Pixabay on Pexels.com
Rosebud Salve: A pro FAVE’ was used for unruly tresses,chapped lips and to give the skin a glowy look. This is in my makeup kit too.
The NO MAKEUP Makeup Look made a big appearance BUT it takes makeup and lots of work to achieve the look.
Aquaphor is another lip and face product that is seen behind the scenes.
Makeup Brushes: There are plenty used and in all shapes and sizes. There is a brush and sponge for every part of the face and body. Powder puffs rule too!
One of brands of nail polish used was Essie. Who doesn’t love it? One of the hot hues used was Licorice. A deep gray black shade of sexy.
Mr. Eyeliner a set of cosmetic pencils was used on the faces on the models by Jasmine Ortiz MUA on a fashion show featuring Kilane Collection by celeb fashion designer Pamela Quinzi . Photographed by @rjensalada_21 on Instagram
I hope you enjoyed this sneak peek behind the scenes in the makeup kits at fashion shows and fashion week.
And an interview on TV with me! I hope you enjoy!
Jacksonville Buzz TV
I recently discovered a delicious and unique delight and today I featured it on TV.
Have you ever heard of Cocktail Caviar?
Tantalize your taste buds with this new tongue tingling sensation. Yummy BOOZED UP pearls filled with vodka and soaking in a delightful bath of liquor lover. Choose from: Lychee,Strawberry,Raspberry,Blueberry & Wildflower as well as a new baby about to be launched… Autumn Apple. Who needs pumpkin spice coffee when you can enjoy this applelicious delight in your cocktail?
All lovers of NATURAL and Organic and Vegan foods …you will love it too!
Cocktail Caviar is placed in a glass of champagne,sparkling rose,punch,non- alcoholic beverages too for a kick!
I have enjoyed it at room temperature and frozen. The mini pearls (encapsulated in kelp) don’t freeze but the taste is so cool and refreshing to the tongue!
They can also be served over a cheesecake,on top of jello shots,on ice cream and more. Let your imagination soar!
There are some awesome recipes available on their website!
Never have a boring PLAIN old glass of champagne again!
Let your spirits pop!
Oh and always POP responsibly!
Tis’ the season to vacation and or maybe just a getaway even if it is just for a weekend.
As I fly for business and pleasure often I have learned a lot through the years.
The number one thing is to make a list on what you want to pack and what you want to take. I like to make a list. Then I start pack what I need and buy what I do need. Some tings I remove after packing some things stay. Pack according to the trip you are taking. A two day beach getaway is different than a trip to Europe for 2 weeks.
- Travel with smaller sizes or kits. If you like the IMAGE brand and are a fan of their facial treatments you’ll love to know they have travel kits. Sunscreen included!
- Or you can buy small containers and fill them with what you want to take. Examples: sunscreen,foundation,moisturizer,hair spray and more.
- Pack things in smaller zip lock bags of various sizes. NAIL POLISH and some other liquids will open and spread all over the place like on your clothes so keep them contained.Personally, I pack a back up bottle of nail polish (in case my nails chip and need a touch up) in my purse NOT in my luggage. I take it on the plane zip lock bag that has any liquids I want to take.
I’ve even had this happen to me when traveling in the car. Keep nail polish and liquid foundation upright and in a sealed plastic bag.
- Choose a color theme for your makeup wardrobe. Don’t bring ALL THE MAKEUP you own and think you have to have with you. Examples: pinks and plums,nudes and bronze and so on.Don’t take every makeup brush you own either.Keep it simple.
- Pack a mini FIRST-AID kit and more filled with aspirin,band-aides,Tums,nail file,mini clippers,toothpicks and sewing kit. YOU decide what you want and may need.Don’t pack your medicine in your luggage you check in. Take it with you on the plane.
- Bring snacks for the plane. You never know how long you may sit on the runway. Cheese and crackers,bananas,nuts,gummy bears or mini chocolate bars. I’ve been waiting for take off for up to 3 hours and had no food or drink. Until you are up,up and away you need to have something to snack on.
- I like to travel with an empty bottle of water. I fill this when I get in the airport after security or when switching airplanes. I use the fountain with filtered drinking water next to the water fountains usually depending on the airport you are at. Water bottles are expensive and you can pay up to $4.00 a bottle. This bottle comes in quite handy.
- Pack your medicine and beauty supplements wisely. No need to take the RX bottles with you. (label the contents in the pill pack.)
- Bring a scarf to wrap around you if you are cold on the plane. They don’t have blankets for everyone unless you are in first class.
- Down size to a smaller handbag. That big Birken bag or other purse may be nice but by taking a smaller bag you will travel lighter and love not having to carry so much with you!
I featured the above and more on TV today. If you want to watch the video go to http://www.news4jax.com click on River City Live.
I love to make fresh water prettier and taste it too by using awesome herbs and or flowers.
I prepare them in a pitcher, serve it by the glass in old time jars (from an antique mall) or in a gorgeous goblet. Today my recipe is with rosemary, mint and flowers.Organic or home grown is best. I rinse the herbs first and clip what I want to add to the water.It is so fun and refreshing too. I don’t use ice. I use fresh bottled water that is room temperature. I allow the herbs to mesh with the water and infuse it with the aroma and flavor. My fave’s are mint,rosemary,peppermint,fruits,veggies and flowers. If you want to use ice in it once this is infused and prepared of course you can do so.
As for flowers I buy flowers that are edible and I buy them at Whole Foods Market just for decoration no infusion needed but they do make a lovely addition. Most of the box mix contain marigolds and pansies. So colorful!
And the best part? YOU can actually eat them.
If you’re looking for a fun thing to or to do with your family or sweetie this summer…this is a wonderful thing to do together and tasty too.
I also like to place them in an ice cube tray one flower per cube space and freeze. Pop on in your next drink or add flower cubes to your festive summer punch bowls. So FUN to do and pretty to look at while you sip away. Please note: these flowers are edible. read the box from the store. AND I do not eat the rosemary etc. only the flowers that are edible. Or you can just look at them and enjoy the colorful sight in your glass or pitcher.
KEEP CALM and MASSAGE ON!Don’t MEN want to feel and look good too?
Today on River City Live on TV in sunny Jacksonville Florida I shared easy steps in JUST for HIM. It is so important for self confidence and looking good too. Guys need to take care,use skin care and get a facial and massage too. There’s NOTHING like a massage and a deep cleansing facial! While there are many spas and places you can get a massage and now facials…I love to go to ME… Massage Envy Spa. The therapists help you feel amazing and care for the health of your body.
My husband and I have a membership and love the way they make us feel. We go monthly! However on a daily basis a guy needs a MANLY beauty ritual…just for his skin.
Cole Skin Care for MEN has an amazing 3-IN-1 Foaming Cleanser: It cleans,exfoliates and preps the skin.Celebrities love this line.
Cleaning Facial Pads:Deeply cleans,gently exfoliates and evens out skin tone and hydrates without alcohol.
Moisture Balm for MEN:Contains vitamins,licorice,root and coconut water. May even be used in the eye area to hydrate that skin.
A concealer in a tube is a good idea for tired looking eyes.It isn’t just for the ladies!
Got shine? Florida is so steamy now. And summer is almost here.Try blotting papers for instant cool face!
Lips need LOVE too! Hello Handsome is a lip balm just for him!
Just a few easy steps and pieces and he’s all set.
So, if you are looking for a Father’s Day treat for the man in your life or for his B-DAY think about these as gifts. Alongside making a home-made greeting card and or baking his fav’ muffins or cake.
For video of today’s show go to:http://www.rivercitylivetv.com
Doing your makeup should not be a chore! It should be fun!!!
These makeup brushes swam into my makeup studio this week and are mermaid approved…This shipment really made our shoppers HAPPY to shop my studio Saturday too. I always like to offer the fun factor and spice things up. Aren’t they cute?
They are so lightweight.There are 4 different sizes. They are used to softly contour,can be used to apply blush or powder your face up. The smallest of them all can also be used to blend eye shadow. No they are not sable and yes the handles are not made of wood or bamboo. BUT they are fun and shout “Pick me up and play with me!”
You shouldn’t ever think makeup is a chore. It should be fun and oh so much more. I can’t stop swirling color on face with them. Not all your makeup brushes have to be the same basic ones.
So, get out there and treat yo’self to something that makes you smile and paint your face & feel playful and prettier too.