It isn’t all you expected is it? The first few or time back in the sun after winter is tough. on your skin. Especially when you don’t bring your BFF’S. A sunscreen,sunglasses and lip conditioner. SUNBURN that dreaded look and feeling after a day or two in the sun. You aren’t sitting pretty!
The #1. thing you should have done was throw out last years or expired sunscreen or sunblocks. You need a fresh one! Please don’t forget to reapply not just apply once and think you are all set. You’re NOT!
2. Protect those PEEPERS and wear sunglasses. Squinting causes wrinkles and your eyes themselves need sun protection. Your lips need some love to with a lip balm.
3. Once you’re burned by the sun and outdoors…you need to rescue your skin! But calm down I’ve got your back!
Try a yogurt …plain fluffy Greek yogurt. You can make your own (I will share how you on another TV blog) get some store bought. Apply to your skin like a face mask. A thin coat will do. leave on and rinse well. Add moisture back to your skin! Apply your fav’ moisturizer and face cream.
*Yogurt is a legendary and easy remedy.
4. COOL the burn on your skin with milk on a flat cotton pad or gauze.
5. IF you own an aloe plant…grab a leaf. Cut it open and apply the gel inside on the skin. Great for peeling and itchy skin too. Or fill an ice cube tray with aloe vera gel (found in drug store) and freeze. Roll a cube on the burn and cool down that skin! Aloe plants make great plants for outside your kitchen door. OR in your home. Easy to maintain. Good for kitchen burns while cooking too.
6. Add moisture back to your skin! Soothe your skin further by applying your fav’ moisturizer and face cream. My latest aloe find is Therapispa aloe lotion for the body and the face cream.
I hope and know you will find these skin rescues for your skin useful.
Enjoy a healthy dose of the sun 🌞 this summer!
*Sharing these tips on WJXT4 on River City Live this moring. You can cacththe video clip later today online and watch anytime!