What a wonderful day! Celebrating National Lipstick Day!
Those of you who follow my blog know I am addicted to magazines and all things lips! At any given time I can have up to 6 to 10 lipsticks in my handbag or maybe a gloss and a lip balm too. I never know what girl I feel like each day sometimes throughout the day. That is why I carry a collection of my gal pals with me.
Here is my point of view as a beauty professional and makeup artist on lipstick!
These days there are no rules on what color you should buy.
Today ANYTHING goes. If you feel good in it. Wear it!!!
When choosing lipsticks always remember:
- The darker the lipstick you choose the smaller your lips will appear.
- If your lips are fuller choose a medium to deep shade to make them look smaller.
- To make lips look larger choose a light,medium to shimmery shade.
- To highlight the lips and give a sexier pout choose a lighter hue with a sparkle,glitter or frost.
- Don’t forget a lip liner is not a lipstick! If it was it would be called a lipstick. Lip liner gives shape and definition to the lips. If you use it as a lipstick all the time it will make your lips chapped,peel and very dry. Ouch! Not a good look.
- To make your lipstick last longer apply a Lipstick Base on your lips first.Think of it like a foundation for your lips.
- If you want your lipstick to stay in place try an invisible lip liner.
- Don’t try more than 3 or 4 lipstick when shopping. The skin on your lips will reflect that.
- Try not to test lipstick on the top of your hands. Turn your hand over and test drive them on the fuller part of your palm near your wrist and at your thumb. That section is more like your lips.
- Next time you go shopping for lipstick and makeup. Buy a hue that you would never buy for you! It just may be your fav’ color yet!
Got a beauty question. Just ask. I’d love to help.
Hope you have a lipstick on!