Don’t you just LOVE a sunny day?
It really makes me happier,think better and I know more productive.
How about you? What does the sun do for you?While I live in Florida. I spent more time at the beaches of New York and New Jersey shore than I do now.Crazy huh?After getting stung by skin cancer I just can’t spend a lot of time out there. Being in the beauty and spa business I really have to practice what I preach.
BUT when I do go here are a few of my fave things to take and do to make your day in the sun more fun.
- At the top of my list I have to remind all you girls who are baking like cookies on the beach…to PROTECT yourself. Apply a shot glass size of sunscreen at least a half an hour before you leave.
- Freeze fresh grapes and blueberries overnight and pack in snack bags to enjoy a refreshing treat at the beach. Watermelon (do not freeze)cubes is another cool you down treat.
- Make your own fruit or vegetable infused water and put in a travel glass or bottle for sipping.
Examples: Kiwi and Strawberry slices or watermelon and mint. Get creative. But beware of citrus as it may interfere with your skin care and you can open the door to more sensitive skin in the sun = sun spots.
- Apply a quarter size of almond oil to your hair and comb it back and up away from your face. Your hair will condition while you spend your day at the beach.
- Give your feet foot facial by taking a walk on the beach near the water. The WET sand is cheaper than any potion you can buy on the beauty store shelf.
- Rub in sunflower or almond oil on your cuticles (hand and feet) your skin will hydrate while you beach.
- Get some exercise and rev up that heart and walk or take a short run.
- Bring out you inner child and build a mini castle or sculpture …it will exfoliate rough fingers hands too.
- Hunt for seashells that might have a hole in them and create a necklace when you get home of it to remind you of your time. I have some from Hawaii and every time I wear or look at them I think of my awesome trip.Beautiful memories.
Have fun in the sun and protect that pretty face!