When you don’t feel well, going through chemotherapy or just have a bad case of the flu…There are some lovely things you can do to feel good just for wonderful YOU!
Pretty Pick Me Ups
- Always take time for you and for some ME time. Whether it is shopping an antique mall, stopping at a coffee shop for your favorite brew or going to a matinee.
- Makeup your mind to care and make certain the health of your skin is a priority. Don’t skimp on moisturizer. Now is the time you need it even more! Day and night, apply moisturizer from face to toes.
- Vow to yourself that you will add some color to your face…daily. If you are too sick, at least apply lipstick or a lip-gloss. Or have your BFF apply it on you. It will make you feel better I promise.
- Blush is necessary during these times you will look washed out especially during chemotherapy.
- Relax in a bathtub especially when your days are rough, long and you simply have had enough. Dip into some delightful scented water. Try the scents of rose, lavender and or vanilla. There are so many products on the market to enjoy! If you are not a bath person or cannot take a bath …Shower on! Choose a decadent bath or shower gel and rub your cares away.
- Spray your pillows with a spritz of your favorite fragrance. Sleep tight~
- Cozy up to a fireplace or fill the room with a few fragrant candles.
- Bake a pie, roll up bread or go to a decadent bake shop and enjoy what they have made.
- Make TEA time a part of your day. Just like the people of England do in mid-afternoon. I do it with my honey when we can and it is so wonderfully relaxing.
- Buy yourself some flowers! Yes, a chic and cheap bouquet is what the happiness doctor ordered. I love color and surrounding myself with it. Bouquets are an easy way to do this.
- Plant an herb garden or buy one herb in a pot. Mint for tea, mixed with meats or salads. Rosemary for cooking and barbequing. There is nothing like fresh herbs~
- Create a journal or storybook of your life. Now’s the time for reflection and while you are forced to slow down. Enjoy these moments with yourself.
- Find some music that rocks you or moves your soul. When I want to relax, I listen to Bliss by David Young (no relation to me) and George Skaroulis he takes you to Greece without leaving the country. A delightful favorite is entitled Sanctuary. There are no words just mystical, pretty and relaxing music. J’Lo’s new CD Love is upbeat, sexy and amazing to put you in a mood. Whatever rocks you buy it. Listen and dance like no ones watching.
When you are blue do something for you…enjoy the little things and take care of wonderful you! You are going to get through this.