I am stuck indoors waiting for the monster hurricane in Florida. We are all trying to keep our minds busy and may be in the dark with no lights,air conditioner and not able to leave beyond our front door. As a Northerner I am not used weathering a hurricane. VERY STRESSFUL. However, I am keeping busy organizing and cleaning and my beautiful fragrance tray is getting my attention. wiping down and shining each bottle and the spritzer with a dash of alcohol to freshen them up.
I realized I have not given much love to some of the fragrances as they look barely used. A word to the wise. GIVE YOUR FRAGRANCES some LOVE and USE THEM.
They lose their potency and formulas if you let them just sit there. Wether you made a fragrance from scratch or store bought. They must be rotated and used up.
Here are a few tips I have learned working in Bloomingdales and Macy’s in Manhattan as one of fragrance spritzer girls!
- Shop for fragrance when you are in the MOOD to buy a new one..
- Hit the fragrance counters when it is midday. Your sense of smell is the sharpest. DON’T put on fragrance before you go.
- I like to use those little paper blotters to check out a fragrance first.
- If coffee beans are available at the counter (or ask the sales associate) SNIFF them inbetween testing and sniffing to clear your nose of the previous scent.
- TEST only three fragrances …no more! Or you will be confused and your nose tricked. Apply one on one wrist and spritz on theother. Next try the third on the inner part of your arm.
- IF you don’t like a fragrance and find it smells not so pretty on your skin…remove it as fast as you can with soap and water OR a cotton ball blotted with rubbing alcohol.
- Ask for free samples…and try them out for a tleast a few days. Not just one time. your mood may change and you may not like the fragrance afterall once day three comes. You don’t want to waste money $$$ on a fragrance purchase you’ll regret.
- I find ther best time to apply fragrance is after a bath or shower.
- Spritz on your pulse points,inner wrists,ankles,throat area and a dash at the decolette.
- Bottom line…fragrance doesn’t last forever so enjoy it and finsih up all those beautiful bottles.
- To see my personal collection of fragrances from Russia,Poland,China,Japan and the US. See my fragrant tray on Instagram @noreenkissyoung
- FYI I love spraying a love note card to my husband with my fragrance spritzed on it and place it in his luggage when he travels out of town.
- Every day we are alive is a special day! Don’t wait to use your expensive perfume,best Chinaware,silverware or bedding. Enjoy them every day. You’ll be glad you did.