Have you been spending time baking like croissants in the sun?
Or have you been spending time doing different things in all places in the sun this season.
If you have… perhaps a sunburn has come your way or worse yet …sunburn,red as a lobster,blistering and dreaded peeling.
Recently I showed TV viewers simple home remedies you can do when you have had too much fun in the sun! So, I am sharing them with you. I LOVE THE SUN but got burned a few times. One was pretty bad. I also enjoyed the tan from a tanning bad. I cover up NOW and have never done it again. Really! Once you get skin cancer you never forget it. Neither does your skin. Your skin always remembers how you treat it and will show it too!
- Apple cider vinegar: Take a bath in it. It will make you feel so much better. Fill a tub with luke warm or cool water and a cup of the apple cider vinegar.
- Baking soda:Make a cooling paste with it and some water or take a refreshing bath in it with a cup of baking soda.
- Fresh aloe or Aloe Vera gel are so cooling and take down the redness and heat from the burn.
- Stay Hydrated with water,coconut water,sports drink or a skin loving drink called All Beauty Drink.
- Cool Milk compresses on a washcloth or a cotton gauze pad work wonders.
- To calm the heat of your body from the burn fill a mini spray bottle with lavender oil and water. Shake it up and spray on the burn. You’ll cool off immediately!
- You’ll FEEL BETTER and cooler in no time with my tips and easy home remedies and hopefully not blister and peel. If you do. Here’s what to do! An oatmeal and water bath will help with that itchy skin.
Word to the Wise: Wear a SHOT GLASS worth of sunscreen. You”ll still get some color. Just be SMART and more protected. You don’t want face and body sun spots and those not so pretty wrinkles!