Lavender is an aromatic delight that relaxes and soothes us just right!
To some people it may be an acquired taste OR scent. I so love sipping lavender tea. Lathering up with lavender scented body lotion and enjoy it’s relaxing properties in a lavender bubble bath.
One of my fave’s I featured on TV in Las Vegas this week was a steamy water facial bath.
- First wash your face.
- Next boil some water.
- Then pour the water into a glass bowl or you may leave it on the stove with the burner off and get ready to clean your pores with this steamy aromatic treat. I like to add a couple of drops of lavender essential and sprinkle in a few lavender buds.I favor the brand Aura Cacia for my essential oil treat.
- Next, place a lightweight tea towel over your head and bend over allowing the steam to reach your face and the towel will help the steam not to escape. Do this for at least 5 to 10 minutes for it to help open your pores and release the dead skin build up and clogged pores. It’s like a workout for your pores!
- After you’ve sweat it out and enjoyed the steamy facial…rinse your face with a gentle complexion bar soap or cleanser.
- Pat dry and place a smidge of moisturizer on your face. And a dash of eye gel.
- Go to bed with a refreshed face and skin. Wake up with happier skin.
Another all time treat I like to D.I.Y. is to make bedtime sachets to tuck inside my pillow cases. The one above is for Sweet Dreams and a good nights sleep. Add a drop of essential oil i lavender will make it even more aromatic.
If relaxing dried lavender isn’t your thing, try this D.I.Y. by preparing a mix of dried mini rose buds or fresh rose petals. Add a drop of rose essential oil to the sachet. The rose scent is soothing to the spirit and have you resting in no time.
I adore playing in my beauty kitchen and my bathroom which I affectionately call my beauty lab/apothecary. My husband LOVES being my tester and my clients in my beauty cottage love when I share my beauty secrets and potions with them too.
I hope you’ll take time to smell and maybe take a bite of the edible flowers and whip up something with lavender too!