I know you want to look and feel good too!
Great looking healthy skin takes a little ME time and effort DAILY!
In the summer our skin tends to break out or get dehydrated from the sun and outdoor activities even more. Here are the latest and greatest in grooming this summer and beyond!
- Skin care exfoliation is very important for the guys too. Fruit Peel by celebrity esthetician Elina of Elina Organics will gently exfoliate your skin while you sleep.
- Fresh Face Beard Bar is a new way to wash your beard and soften it up and clean the complexion underneath. You don’t want your beard or mustache to be dry and unkempt looking. It’ not enough just to wash your face. 🧼 Don’t use deodorant bars on that handsome face!
- Stay hydrated by drinking lots of water.
- Floss- Caring for your 🦷 and gums = A healthier heart. Cocofloss is the way to go made with Coconut oil.
- A relaxing 🛀 bath with bath salts or your fave Aura Acacia essential oil, detoxifying sheet mask and a hand,feet and body lotion to follow work wonders on the body and skin after a long work day or week.
- Got leftover beer? 🍺 Rinse your hair with it after you shampoo. The malt and hops in beer contain cleansing properties!
- D.I.Y. Recipe #2 Add a dash of apple 🍎 cider vinegar to the hair with a bit of beer and 1 oz. of water 💦 and you’ll have a hair rinse that removes build up of all those products you’ve been using. Shinier clean hair!
Cool products and tools for cool guys!
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! You are all you got.
Happy 1st day of summer!
As the summer begins you want to EXFOLIATE your skin. Dead skin cells mount up on your hands,feet and body and your skin needs a bit of TLC attention. This will also help you get a better even tan. I love doing this before I apply my sunless tanner. Your skin will be smoother and tan faster and more efficiently.
It really WORKS!
Sugar & CITRUS Scrub
2 tablespoons of white or brown sugar
1 orange zest
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of sunflower oil or apricot kernel oil
Mix all of these in a small bowl and on a clean body. I like my body to be slightly damp. Rub in circular motions and slough off your tired looking winter skin. Your skin will turn a little pink and have a flushed look. That’s a good thing. You are bringing blood to the surface and helping circulation.
Rinse well with luke warm washcloth. Next, apply your fave body lotion.
Lemon Love Water
Follow this D.I.Y. treatment by drinking a half a gallon of water with a slice or two of lemons. Drinking this will eliminate toxins and flush and clean you from the inside.
Sip it throughout your day.
I hope you will enjoy this refreshing skin loving treat,be more hydrated and kiss your dull skin…GOODBYE!
Photo by Pixabay on Pexels.com
Just back from Las Vegas and trying to get over jetlag! So much to share with you about my trip but first sharing this post filled with all things NEON EYEliner colors!
I so love neon and happy to share this post from StyleCaster on neon eyeliners! Do you love color like I do too?
The all-too-familiar “less is more” mantra applies to most aspects of life, including my beauty routine. Actually, I won’t tip-toe around this: “less is more” can apply to every single part of my day-to-day; from the makeup (or lack thereof) on my face to the Vans on my feet, despite having 50 pairs of other…
Las Vegas ! This trip ✈️ is for the International Esthetics,Cosmetics and Spa Conference. All my makeup ,brushes,skin potions and beauty tools packed and I am so excited.
I LOVE working! I know I have a problem. All work and no play makes you a dull girl. But I will play. A little.
I will show you the show floor, share the latest and greatest in 💄 beauty, skin and wellness. Alongside this show is an international hair show. I will give you a peek of that show and all things new in hair there too!
I also love to eat where the locals go. I love the Las Vegas strip so much but there are so many other yummy places!
And the shopping 🛍 is to die for!
Do you have a special request? Do you want me to look for something special on the market? Do you have a burning makeup or skin question?
Stay tuned …
You will want one of every one of them!
When the sun is shining, the birds are singing and summer humidity is out in full force, nothing—and I mean nothing—tastes as refreshing as a frozen margarita. I know, I know—alcohol isn’t technically hydrating. But a chilly margarita hits the spot unlike any other. I mean, it’s basically a fruit-filled alcoholic smoothie. Who can argue with that?…
It isn’t all you expected is it? The first few or time back in the sun after winter is tough. on your skin. Especially when you don’t bring your BFF’S. A sunscreen,sunglasses and lip conditioner. SUNBURN that dreaded look and feeling after a day or two in the sun. You aren’t sitting pretty!
The #1. thing you should have done was throw out last years or expired sunscreen or sunblocks. You need a fresh one! Please don’t forget to reapply not just apply once and think you are all set. You’re NOT!
2. Protect those PEEPERS and wear sunglasses. Squinting causes wrinkles and your eyes themselves need sun protection. Your lips need some love to with a lip balm.
3. Once you’re burned by the sun and outdoors…you need to rescue your skin! But calm down I’ve got your back!
Try a yogurt …plain fluffy Greek yogurt. You can make your own (I will share how you on another TV blog) get some store bought. Apply to your skin like a face mask. A thin coat will do. leave on and rinse well. Add moisture back to your skin! Apply your fav’ moisturizer and face cream.
*Yogurt is a legendary and easy remedy.
4. COOL the burn on your skin with milk on a flat cotton pad or gauze.
5. IF you own an aloe plant…grab a leaf. Cut it open and apply the gel inside on the skin. Great for peeling and itchy skin too. Or fill an ice cube tray with aloe vera gel (found in drug store) and freeze. Roll a cube on the burn and cool down that skin! Aloe plants make great plants for outside your kitchen door. OR in your home. Easy to maintain. Good for kitchen burns while cooking too.
6. Add moisture back to your skin! Soothe your skin further by applying your fav’ moisturizer and face cream. My latest aloe find is Therapispa aloe lotion for the body and the face cream.
I hope and know you will find these skin rescues for your skin useful.
Enjoy a healthy dose of the sun 🌞 this summer!
*Sharing these tips on WJXT4 on River City Live this moring. You can cacththe video clip later today online and watch anytime!
I so loved all the amazing tea shops and small business owners selling all kinds of cups of tea! Known as CHA.
But my absolute fav’ place was for tea was at The Peninsula Hotel in Hong Kong 🇭🇰 .The Peninula’s legendary Afternoon Tea is they say a ritual routed in British Custom with the Duchess of Bedford originally bringing afternoon 🍵 in vogue in 1830. Today the Grande Dame of Hong Kong honors this general tradition by elevating the art of Afternoon Tea in the legendary surrounds of the huge and grand lobby.
Here warm,buttery scones are accompanied by organic jam and clotted cream served on tiered, silver cake stands, alongside gourmet finger sandwiches and fine pastries.
My husband and I enjoyed the most delicious hot tea, warm scones, tea pastries, macarons, mini decadent chocolates ended the tea time.
Tea choices served were Assam, Darjeeling,Earl grey, Peninsula Breakfast Tea and Peninsula blend.
You could also select from: Almond, Caramel,Cinnamon, 🥭 Passionfruit, 🍑 Peach, Raspberry and 🌹 Rose teas.
The extra special topping was a glass of 🥂 Deutz Peninsula Brut 🍾 champagne.
It was so delightful and decadent! The grandeur of the hotel itself was quite the experience. Being in Hong King made it even better!
I glanced over at my husband mid-way of our feast and his eyes were glazed and I have not seen him so content in a long time. He like I am is almost always working. He told me he was so relaxed and found the process of enjoying Afternoon Tea very very relaxing. It was so nice to see!
I have been to High Teas in Europe and all over the US but have NEVER had a high Tea experience like in Hong Kong. The staff was wondeful too.
If you ever have to go to China on business or travel for pleasure. Try and take the time to have tea at the HK Peninsula Hotel. Well worth the luxurious and delightful trip!
Happy Mother’s Day!
While I’m not a mom but was sort of a mom to my twin when my mother passed away. I could never take the place of my mother but I did my best.
My twin was born with Down Syndrome so he needed even more love and TLC attention.
I hope all of you awesome moms had a glorious day filled with family and lots of LOVE!
Here’s what I just whipped up this morning for my sweetie and I before I head off to work at my makeup studio. Today being the day before Mother’s day is going to be a long busy day for me. So,in case I don’t get to have lunch this will keep me going along with a piece of fruit and lots of water today.
You can enjoy it anytime of day you’d like it.
1 frozen banana
4 small tangerines peeled or 1/3 cup of orange juice
1/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt or almond milk
1/2 cup more of ice
1 scoop of NeoCell Collagen powder
*You may add a dash of honey or agave nectar if you’d like!
Blend well and slay the day away!
I so ENJOY making all kinds of beauty infused kitchen concoctions.
Do you? Share a recipe with me and my followers …Pretty please!